Thursday 12 December 2013

Final Reflection!

This is not in anyways an end to our Webskills course offered through American English Institute at the University of Oregon, this is indeed an embankment to continue the new skills and knowledge hereafter. First of all, I would like to thank the Embassy for providing this opportunity for me who belongs to a distant and very developing country. I would also like to extend my gratitude to the University, particularly to our course instructor Ms.Courtney and all friend participants with whose all spirits the course was a success.
  
My words are very less to express what I have got during these 10 weeks learning, I feel blessed that I could participate in subject that I am interested at and I honestly affirm that my learning was a real acquisition of new knowledge and skills. During the course we were taken through discussions, tasks, reading, writing, reflecting, commenting, creating and lots more. What is a very distinct characteristic of this course is like I mentioned earlier that it is making learning a continuous process, we will now never stop to find, explore and learn but will never relinquish.

In this Webskills course, all topics and the tools we used were very appropriate and even thought provoking. Topics like learner Autonomy, One Computer Class, Project Based Learning (PBL), Oral/aural skill Building and Multiple Intelligence Theory were most successful in the course. Among many tools used during the course, I would like to implement all of these but with the progression of competency level in students. Blogs, WebQuest and Wiki are really meaningful. Besides that, setting ABCD objectives, technology enhanced lesson planning and creating rubrics was extra acquisition for me. And I did not see anything in the course that was not relevant instead I began to feel less.

Well, to talk about the internet and the tools, it is always less, there are so many information and tools available online, sometimes it becomes embracement of richness as said by Tom March. What is important is the selection and gradations of the tool at par our activity and lesson.  But somehow I did feel less in this course was about having some synchronous discussion at least once in two weeks or so or may we have some voice conferencing, tool like ANVILL might be also used. More or less, all was fare and great.
My sincere acknowledgment will always go to the people who were in background of completing this course and they cannot be ignored. They have directly or indirectly contributed either by their stimulating comments or by encouraging my morale.

I am particularly grateful to my  Instructor, Ms. Courtney for her enthusiasm to venture into the new areas of learning that have taught me to view simple teaching and learning in a new perspective. Using technology into classroom is really fantastic and fascinating. I also thank all my Webskills friends for their valuable feedback and support rendered.
To all my teacher friends and Principal of Drukgyel LS School, Paro for understanding and encouraging me to peruse in this course.  Thank you all for egging me towards the finish line of this project.

Last but not the least, I love and thank my family for their unrelenting support. It was through their love and affection I could stay late night working besides my own teaching and other chores to reach the destination.
Thank You All and Miss You All,

Happy New Year!

Sanjiv Kr. Alay

Bhutan 

3 comments:

  1. Hello Sanjiv!
    they say sometimes time is running, these ten weeks it was flying...
    The main idea of this week`s discussion is that technology opens a wide variety of learning resources if we have the access to it'. Having access to the internet, we have to take full advantage of what is being offered and keep on learning. This is just the condition of modern life and the must of teaching....
    I am sure this course opened lots of doors in front of you and your students
    Good luck
    Inesa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sanjiv,
    Our adventure is over.
    This course is a blessing. It will be perpetuated from generation to generation.
    This initiative is highly appreciable. Let unite and thank like a single man all the organizers, the US ambassy and especially our instructor Courtney.
    Regards,
    I miss you already
    Bernadette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sanjiv,

    Firstly, thanks for being my peer reviewer. :) I had a great time discussing things with you. You were indeed a blessing to me. Everyone was. We have learnt so much from each other, didn't we?

    Take care and all the best in your future endeavours.
    Diana

    ReplyDelete