Saturday 7 December 2013

Week 9 Reflection

Learning new skills and reflecting what we have learned makes one feel so good. Now it is almost time we shut down this habit we have crept into. We are almost at verge of completing our webskills course after having explored many teaching skills using interactive websites or technology. Our discussion this week was on how technology can help or address different able learners.

Being aware of Gardner’s 8 Multiple Intelligence, we were prompt to think what particular technology can be more useful and ease to cater to different able learners. Having known that technology can do better in promoting learner styles since it can provide learners with variety of aids and sensitize their memory to stimulate to new approaches that traditional classroom can merely do. Using audio, visual, video and graphics are some prominent examples that technology can offer at hand. Well, interactive quiz, games and online activities also instigates variety of learning experiences besides providing learning at children’s pace and place.

Nevertheless, technology offers choice to cater to different learning styles, it is equally important to consider what kind of learning style a teacher possesses. I agreed when our instructor Courtney said that teachers’ trait does influence his or her approach to teaching. Therefore, it is very important to conduct survey for both teacher and students to find out what intelligence is at risk or at promise. Having known our styles we will be able to focus or should be able change our approaches to teaching and bring variety in lesson which will be beneficial to different able learners. We also know that intelligence does not remain fixed, it also tend to change as we practice doing new things and adapt to new environment.

Beside the discussion, this week was the submission of our final project. Well, I can’t say that I did best in my project but certainly would say I tried my best to bring my project a result of this course. Having done this project is just like having received certificate after the course. I am glad that I could now use many technological aspects in my classroom and being able to incorporate the acquired skills in my project made me feel full of learning.
This is really a new experience for me, I loved learning from this course.
Thank you,

With Regards…

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sanjiv,

    You are right. We have consciously and unconsciously fallen into the habit of doing our daily routine concerning webskills, posting on Nicenet, commenting on the work of others and finally the reflection of what we have done. I will definitely miss these things. God! how many times I have used miss today while writing a blog and reading others'. So sad but true that it's almost over.

    Anyway, from the bright side, we have learned a lot. And we still have a long way to go to contribute to our society with what we have learned. Although it will be the end of the course, but our contribution will start soon and I hope it will keep expanding as long as we can teach.

    Concerning final project, I am a bit nervous about it although I did try to do my best. But take it easy friend ( a nervous friend is encouraging another nervous friend ) :)). We will be all right. Don't you think so?

    I will never forget the valuable experience I have gained from this course.

    Let's keep in touch with everyone even after we have finished doing the course.

    Best,
    Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sanjiv and Sophia,

    This has exactly been my reflections this week. I'm already missing the interactions that we have through the Nicenet. How much we have learnt these 9 weeks. Its a life time learning, I feel. And the best thing about this course besides learning, has been making new friends. We've brought the world closer, in fact into our computers. That close we have been.

    This course has been invaluable for me...and yes, Sophia, like you I'm nervous about the final project. Let us all keep our fingers crossed for this project!

    All the best,
    Paramita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sanjiv,

    I guess we need to let students lead the way to understand their fullest potential. Finding out their learning styles can ultimately help teachers to cater to their needs. I would like to see more ideas on how to implement lessons according to the different learning styles. :)

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Sophia, Paramita and Diana,

    So, these are all our identical feelings we are going through now. Thanks for your concern and I do hope that we will be able to make some changes very soon in our teaching, I am sure we do now have lots of resources.
    My dear partner, Diana, I do have some ideas on using MI lesson that I will be soon posting in my Blog. Keep track…

    Thanks everyone,

    Best!
    Sanjiv

    ReplyDelete