Saturday 30 November 2013

10-2=8 ! Week 8 Reflection


I posted first draft of my project after much toil over the week.  And it was really like a draft when I looked at it again after getting sober. Many things to change and add again but in conscious now, I will have to turn into a new leaf.

It was because of the draft project submission, we did not have much to do this week, only a task that was creating a course site. And I got full satisfaction doing this task, I am proud that I created a Wiki site on Google which in fact was one of my awaited task- it just happened like I needed someone to tell me! Otherwise I knew within myself that I needed this. Creating Wiki site was a really firsthand experience, only then I realized this will be more useful than just having in mind to have one. I am going to use this for my project as a means to blend technology with my normal classes and have planned lot many for my Wiki.

Beside the task, we also had a guest on our discussion, it was Mr. Jeff Magoto, Director of the language center at UO. He is also an expert on Webskills and as well an experience in teaching ESL/EFL students across the globe. His recent development is a creation of ANVILL, a virtual language lab. This ANVILL as a tool can be great to use in language learning, especially on speaking skills. It has text, voice and video recording that can be shared among users. This will be very useful for distant or hybrid learner course to communicate or develop aural/oral skills. Jeff has much to share, his knowledge is just unimaginable for me right now. I know no better resource like a Jeff can we ever have in our course. Thanks to him so much, besides my less contribution but honestly I did not miss a single thread of discussion, I was a good reader this week.

Thank you Courtney, Jeff and all my Dear friends.

Regards,


Sanjiv

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sanjiv!
    Isnt everything that we have learned so great? I was deeply caught into Anvill and all the other information given to us this week! It seems you enjoyed everything as much as I did!

    Id like to share some other interesting websites and online tools you could enjoy. They are all posted in my blog! Greetings from Honduras! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sanjiv,

    Yes, we are all turning a new leaf, thanks to Courtney and the class. How much we have learnt in this course and all this is going to be invaluable to us..

    I enjoyed going through ANVILL and the other links shared by Jeff. Such treasure house of information and knowledge!

    Let us all keep in touch and keep sharing our ideas, even after the end of this course. That would enhance all our teaching, I feel.

    Best,
    Paramita

    ReplyDelete